Meet our specialist team
• Is Co-Founder and Managing Director
• Is quietly confident that this year he will finally see his boyhood club, Liverpool,
• Has over 20 years of experience in the media sector with unrivalled expertise in
aviation media, contract publishing and intelligence services
Mark’s top travel tip:
Resist the temptation to line up at the gate before boarding begins – it won’t make the crew begin the process any sooner and will mean that when you do get onto the plane you’ll have achy legs!
• Is Co-Founder and Company Director and oversees Events, Finance, Marketing
• Is queen of motivational messages and will eventually convince you of their
power, however stoically grumpy you may be!
• Has worked in the aviation industry since the age of 21, with former roles seeing
her manage ACI EUROPE’s Communiqué Airport Business magazine and later
develop the association’s Conferences and Exhibitions programme
• Is a keen – and extremely competitive! – netball player
Becky’s top travel tip:
If you’re travelling as part of a group, choose the most responsible person and put them in charge of keeping hold of everybody’s passports. You wouldn’t believe how many people leave their passports in the baggage handling trays or at the tills in duty free!
• Is Editor of the Regional Gateway Portfolio
• Has landed in the middle of Central Africa in the cockpit of a Boeing 737
• Has two decades of editing and reporting for aviation magazines under her belt
• Has been thrown by a silverback gorilla in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park (true
Chloë’s top travel tip:
No matter where you're visiting or why, make sure you get up for at least one sunrise and go for an early morning explore! You'll avoid the crowds and it's a great time to meet the locals.
• Is Editor of RotorHub
• Has worked in aviation for over 30 years (gulp!)
• Worked at Flight International, edited ERA’s Regional Report, as well as Communique Airport Business and the Airport Operator, held a number of positions at IFALPA concluding as Director. He is an accredited accident Investigator
• As a pilot, experience spans from Piper Cubs to A380s. Basically he’s older than dirt
• Regular commentator on Sky News, CBS and the BBC on aviation matters
• The rest of the time you can find him playing with his boat or pursuing a little ball round a field and hitting it with a variety of sticks
Gideon’s top travel tip:
Looking out the window is the best IFE
• Over a career spanning almost 20 years, Satu has edited several aviation magazines and held management roles with the European Regions Airline Association, Real Response Media and Travel Radar
• Like all of us, she is a keen traveller, citing cities – the bigger the better! – as her destination type of choice
Satu's top travel tip:
Always carry lip balm, a bottle of water and mints with you when you’re flying, especially on long-haul flights!
• Is the Assistant Editor of the LARA portfolio
• Whilst new to the aviation industry, has experience writing for the industrial manufacturing industry, editing for independent press publications, and writing science-fiction and fantasy book reviews in her spare time
• Has been known to trek up and down the country with a bow, sword, or suit of armour in tow (all of which garner some interesting looks on public transport)
• Loves to play tabletop boardgames and gets very competitive about them!
Lucy's top travel tip:
Always pack some fluffy socks or a spare blanket on your travels. You never know when you might need it (especially when someone on the flight decides to turn up the aircon to max!)
• Is Sales Manager for the RotorHub portfolio
• Has a different perspective of the Paris Airshow to most, having flown over it in a Sikorsky S76
• Used to work for Helicopter World, a previous incarnation of RotorHub
• Is three times British Youth Judo Champion!
Shelley’s top travel tip:
Don’t forget your emergency hairspray, because however short that walk from the gate to the aircraft is, the wind will get to it!
• Media Sales Executive for LARA
• Self-proclaimed General Knowledge extraordinaire and Karaoke king
• Spends Saturdays playing for the mighty Burpham FC
• Often at the Emirates Stadium supporting Arsenal, still dreaming of one day gracing the pitch…
Sam's top travel tip:
When on holiday, always check your pockets when jumping into the pool or sea!
• Media Sales Executive for Inflight
• Goes climbing every week
• Loves travelling to the South of France
• Proud owner of a Wire Haired Dachshund
Michael's top travel tip:
Always get to the airport early, make sure you have time to sit down and have a good breakfast!
• Is Production and Design Editor
• Is a keen fly-fisherman and sloe gin distiller
• Has more than 37 years of experience editing consumer and business
publications, market-leading specialist titles, customer magazines and trade journals
• Will get more words than you in any crossword – always!
• Is our Graphic Designer, working across all four media portfolios
• Boasts perhaps the most adventurous sporting hobby of us all – wakeboarding!
• Has held design roles in the banking, automotive and media industries
• Paul is a qualified tennis coach with a competitive spirit and a stinging backhand –
game, set and match!
Paul’s top travel tip:
Resist the temptation to spend the whole flight engrossed in the inflight entertainment, otherwise you’ll have square eyes and a pounding headache by the end of it!
• Has always been a cat person but became a dog person during lockdown thanks to regular country walks in the company of Heidi, the hungriest black Labrador in Henley-on-Thames
• Was once informed by the Nectar app on his phone that he was the number one purchaser of Mr Kipling Cherry Bakewells at the nearby Sainsbury’s local
• Has never seen a ghost or had any other supernatural experience but thinks he might have heard “ghost music” during a visit to Pompeii
• Studied philosophy at university and can highly recommend the closing paragraphs of Wittgenstein’s obscure-sounding Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus
Matthew's top travel tip:
Never leave home without a good book to hand. Preferably one that doesn’t need batteries
• Our Marketing and Communications Manager
• Relocated back to the UK with her family from South Africa
• Over 15 years experience in the marketing & communications industry, working closely with brands such Ferrari, Maserati & BMW
• Claudine has now set her eyes firmly on conquering the aviation industry
• A serious football & Formula 1 fan
Claudine’s top travel tip:
Try book your seats over the wing of the plane, you feel the turbulence less
• Looks after circulation and subscriptions
• Spends a great deal of time trying to resist her new puppy’s puppy dog eyes –
unsuccessfully we might add!
• Leads on our customer relationship management and email marketing software
• Is a regular at car and motorbike shows around the country.
Lou’s top travel tip:
Buy a good supply of sweets from duty free before you get on the plane. However determined you are to resist the temptation to snack, two hours into that flight you’ll have given in and forked out a fortune for the inflight trolley options!
• Is our Marketing Assistant working across digital advertising, e-Newsletters and social media
• Has travelled to 10 countries and dreams to hike the Canadian Rockies
• Is looking forward to attending industry events
Rianna's top travel tip:
Just book the flight, the rest will figure itself out and always try the local cuisine!
GET TO KNOW US
A wealth of experience across publishing, editorial coverage and event management
The HMG Aerospace team provides a wealth of experience across publishing, editorial coverage and event management. Hover over the images below for more information on team members based in the UK office. We also have a network of regular editorial contributors and event representatives located around the globe.