We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website.

Jazz Air completes equity investment in Pluna

Jazz Air Income Fund has completed its $15 million investment in Latin American Regional Aviation Holding Corporation (LARAH) in return for a 33-and-one-third-percent non-voting equity interest in the company.

LARAH holds an indirect 75% equity interest in Pluna Lineas Aéreas Uruguayas. The remaining 25% equity interest in Pluna is held, indirectly, by the Government of Uruguay.

Jazz’s $15 million investment, together with an additional $5 million to be invested by the Government of Uruguay, will be used by Pluna to complete the business restructuring and to fund growth. As a result of the Canadian carrier’s investment, Jazz Air president and CEO Joe Randell has been appointed as one of the seven member board of directors of Pluna.

You may be interested in...


« Back to News