We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website.

fastjet takes steps towards launching Kenyan base

fastjet Kenya has submitted an Air Service Licence (ASL) application to the Kenyan Civil Aviation Authority (KCAA).

The KCAA has indicated that fastjet Kenya’s application will be published almost immediately, with a decision set to be made on its ASL after a public hearing taking place in approximately three weeks.

This is fastjet Kenya’s next step towards obtaining a full Air Operating Certificate, which would allow the airline to commence both domestic and international flights within and from Kenya respectively.

The ASL application required fastjet Kenya to submit an in-depth business plan detailing its proposed operation, network, aircraft specification, operational plan and commercial strategy.

“We are excited at the prospect of extending the footprint of the fastjet operation through greater penetration of the African market with a Kenyan-based airline,” commented Ed Winter, CEO of fastjet. “This is in addition to the application for fastjet Tanzania to operate services into Kenya from Tanzania. The process for designation of fastjet Tanzania is ongoing."

51% of fastjet Kenya is owned by a Kenyan national in order to comply with Kenya’s rules on airline ownership, whilst the remaining 49% of the airline belongs to fastjet plc.

« Back to News