Boeing Brazil – the new name for Embraer

The partnership between Boeing and Embraer that has been in the negotiating stages since last year now has a new name: Boeing Brazil – Commercial.

This will complete the sale of 80% stake in Embraer commercial aviation activities, including aftermarket support services, to Boeing for US$4.2 billion. The transaction will likely be approved by the competition authorities at the end of the year.

Boeing has not yet confirmed if their newly acquired product range will also be revised. At present, all the aircraft bear the name Embraer followed by a code.

The Brazilian aircraft manufacturer intends to keep its defence and executive jet business division and their associated services. However, the two companies have since agreed on a second joint venture in which Embraer will hold 51% and Boeing the remaining 49%. This new company will continue developing the KC-390 tactical transport and inflight refuelling aircraft. The first example of which is due to be delivered to Portugal at the Paris air show next month.

You may be interested in...


« Back to News