The event culminates with the Inflight Awards, which recognise outstanding product or service offerings from suppliers and airlines serving the Middle East. The awards are judged by an independent panel of industry experts, who aim to honour the superb technical creativity produced by the IFEC industry.
The 2018 awards ceremony took place on Wednesday 24 January 2018. To read more about this year’s winners, please click here.
2018 Award categories
To downloading the judging criteria, please click here.
1) Inflight airline of the year (2018 winner: SAUDIA)
Judged independently by the Inflight team, this award crowns the premier airline based in the Middle East.
2) Innovation in commercial airline cabins (2018 winner: SAUDIA)
Rewarding the top recent revolutionary development in cabin interiors. Manufacturers, suppliers or airlines serving the Middle East region are eligible to enter this award category.
3) IFE system provider (2018 winner: Panasonic Avionics)
Recognising the handheld, wireless or embedded IFE system delivering the best experience for passengers. Manufacturers or suppliers serving at least one airline in the Middle East region are eligible to enter this award category.
4) Connectivity enablement (2018 winner: Inmarsat)
Celebrating the connected cabin, this award honours the leading IFC, satellite communication or telemedicine service provider. Suppliers serving at least one airline operating in the Middle East are eligible to enter this award category.
5) Airline IFEC experience (2018 winner: Emirates)
Crediting the foremost in-flight entertainment and/or connectivity experience delivered by an airline operating in the Middle East. Only airlines are eligible to enter this award category.
6) Content provision (2018 winner: Global Eagle)
Acknowledging the optimal contribution to content creation, management and/or delivery. Suppliers serving at least one airline operating in the Middle East are eligible to enter this award category.
7) Interior retrofit project (2018 winner: Ethiopian Airlines)
Honouring the most exceptional supplier-airline collaboration within cabin interiors. Entries for this award category should identify a specific supplier-airline collaboration project, on aircraft serving the Middle East region.
- Closing date: 5 January 2018
- Entries are limited to a 500-word summary
- Supporting materials including photos and videos may be supplied, up to a limit of two sides of A4
- Nominations should outline the organisation’s suitability for the award based on the published judging criteria
- Judges’ scores are combined to produce an overall winner for each category
- Organisations can enter multiple categories but must submit multiple entries
- Shortlisted finalists were notified by Thursday 11 January 2018
- Shortlisted organisations should nominate an appropriate representative to collect the award, if successful
- Winners have been announced at the Inflight Middle East 2018 event on Wednesday 24 January 2018
- If you have any queries regarding the Inflight Awards, please email us