The event culminates with the Inflight Awards, which recognise outstanding product or service offerings from suppliers and airlines serving the Middle East. The awards are judged by an independent panel of industry experts, who aim to honour the superb technical creativity produced by the IFEC industry.
For more information on the 2017 Inflight Middle East Awards ceremony, please click here.
The 2018 awards ceremony will take place on Wednesday 24 January 2018, starting at 14:20.
Nominations open on 13 November 2017 to manufacturers, suppliers and airlines serving Middle East region. Further information on the nomination process will follow in due course.
2018 Award categories
1) Inflight airline of the year (2017 winner: Emirates)
Judged independently by the Inflight team, this award crowns the premier airline based in the Middle East.
2) Innovation in commercial airline cabins (2017 winner: Etihad Airways)
Rewarding the top recent revolutionary development in cabin interiors. Manufacturers, suppliers or airlines serving the Middle East region are eligible to enter this award category.
3) IFE system provider (New category)
Recognising the handheld, wireless or seat-centric IFE system delivering the best experience for passengers. Manufacturers or suppliers serving at least one airline in the Middle East region are eligible to enter this award category.
4) Connectivity enablement (Amended category, 2017 winner: Panasonic Avionics)
Celebrating the connected cabin, this award honours the leading IFC, satellite communication or telemedicine service provider. Suppliers serving at least one airline operating in the Middle East are eligible to enter this award category.
5) Airline IFEC experience (Amended category, 2017 winner: Saudia)
Crediting the foremost in-flight entertainment and/or connectivity experience delivered by an airline operating in the Middle East. Only airlines are eligible to enter this award category.
6) Content provision (New category)
Acknowledging the optimal contribution to content creation, management and/or delivery. Suppliers serving at least one airline operating in the Middle East are eligible to enter this award category.
7) Interior retrofit project (2017 winner: flydubai)
Honouring the most exceptional supplier-airline collaboration within cabin interiors. Entries for this award category should identify a specific supplier-airline collaboration project, on aircraft serving the Middle East region.
- Closing date: 5 January 2018
- Entries are limited to a 150-word summary
- Supporting materials including photos and videos may be supplied, up to a limit of two sides of A4
- Nominations should outline the organisation’s suitability for the award based on pre-determined assessment criteria
- Judges’ scores are combined to produce an overall winner for each category
- Organisations can enter multiple categories but must submit multiple entries
- Winners will be announced at the Inflight Middle East 2018 event.
- Shortlisted organisations should nominate an appropriate representative to collect the award, if successful
- If you have any queries regarding the Inflight Awards, please email us