The event culminates with the Inflight Awards, which recognise outstanding product or service offerings from suppliers and airlines serving the Middle East or North Africa region. The awards are judged by an independent panel of industry experts, who aim to honour the superb technical creativity produced by the IFEC industry.
The 2019 awards ceremony will take place on Tuesday 12th February 2019.
2019 Award categories
To downloading the judging criteria, please click here.
1) Inflight airline of the year (2018 winner: SAUDIA)
Judged independently by the Inflight team, this award crowns the premier airline based in the Middle East or North Africa region.
2) Commercial airline cabin (2018 winner: SAUDIA)
Rewarding the top recent revolutionary development in cabin interiors. Manufacturers, suppliers or airlines serving the Middle East or North Africa region are eligible to enter this award category.
3) IFE system provider (2018 winner: Panasonic Avionics)
Recognising the handheld, wireless or embedded IFE system delivering the best experience for passengers. Manufacturers or suppliers serving at least one airline in the Middle East or North Africa region are eligible to enter this award category.
4) Connectivity enablement (2018 winner: Inmarsat)
Celebrating the connected cabin, this award honours the leading IFC, satellite communication or telemedicine service provider. Suppliers serving at least one airline operating in the Middle East or North Africa are eligible to enter this award category.
5) Airline IFEC experience (2018 winner: Emirates)
Crediting the foremost in-flight entertainment and/or connectivity experience delivered by an airline operating in the Middle East or North Africa. Only airlines are eligible to enter this award category.
6) Content provision (2018 winner: Global Eagle)
Acknowledging the optimal contribution to content creation, management and/or delivery. Suppliers serving at least one airline operating in the Middle East or North Africa are eligible to enter this award category.
7) Supplier innovation (**New category**)
New for 2019, this award will honour the most revolutionary IFEC or cabin technology development over the past 12 months.
Award nominations open on Wednesday 21 November 2018 to manufacturers, suppliers and airlines serving the Middle East and North Africa region.
All entries must adhere to the following regulations:
• Entries are limited to a 500-word summary for each category
• Up to two A4 pages of additional supporting materials – including photos and videos – may be supplied
• All supporting materials should be emailed to email@example.com
• Files over 10MB should be sent using a suitable file sharing website
• Nominations should outline the organisation’s suitability for the award based on the published judging criteria
• Judges’ scores are combined to produce an overall winner for each category
• Organisations can enter multiple categories but must submit a separate entry for each category
• The closing date for nominations is Tuesday 15 January 2019
• Shortlisted finalists will be notified by Wednesday 23 January 2019
• Shortlisted organisations should nominate an appropriate representative to collect the award, if successful
• Winners will be announced on Tuesday 12 February 2019 at the Inflight Middle East awards ceremony