The Inflight Awards recognise outstanding IFEC product or service offerings from across the host region. Each award category is judged by an independent panel of industry experts, who aim to honour the superb technical creativity produced by these ever-evolving industry sectors.
Winners were announced at the Inflight Asia-Pacific Awards ceremony on 1 November 2017. For the full story on this year’s award winners, click here.
2018 Award categories
1) Inflight airline of the year (2017 winner: Virgin Australia)
Judged independently by the Inflight team, this award crowns the premier airline based in the Asia-Pacific region.
2) Commercial airline cabin (2017 winner: SriLankan Airlines)
Rewarding the operator with the most innovative cabin in the Asia-Pacific region.
3) IFE system provider (2017 winner: Lufthansa Systems)
Recognising the hand-held, wireless or embedded system delivering the most superior experience for the passenger.
4) Connectivity enablement (2017 winner: Inmarsat)
Celebrating the connected cabin, this award honours the leading IFC, satcoms or telemedicine service provider.
5) Airline IFEC experience (2017 winner: Singapore Airlines in collaboration with Travelport Digital)
Crediting the foremost IFE and/or IFC experience delivered by an airline serving the Asia-Pacific region.
6) Content provision (2017 winner: Stellar Entertainment)
Acknowledging the optimal contribution to content creation, management and/or delivery.
7) Supplier innovation (New award category)
Honouring the most exceptional supplier-airline collaboration within cabin interiors. Entries for this award category should identify a specific supplier-airline collaboration project, on aircraft serving the Asia-Pacific region.
2018 Award nominations
Nominations will open on 15 August 2018 to manufacturers, suppliers and airlines serving the Asia-Pacific region. Full rules and judging criteria will be published here shortly.
Winners will be announced at the Inflight Asia-Pacific Awards ceremony on Thursday 8 November 2018.